I have been at Mozilla nearly three months, and I used to blog a lot more than I currently do. A lot of the content I used to blog about I end up blogging and talking about in OurSQL: The MySQL Database Community Podcast. And I have also been getting used to the Mozilla firehose, as well as my own firehose of database projects that need to be done.
There are two very large projects that are time-sensitive that I am working on: migrating databases from an older data center to a newer one, and the impending public launch of the Mozilla Apps Store.
That being said, this week in Mozilla databases we have:
– migrated/improved/built our dev/stage databases for xtrabackup.
– turned off our Scalarc software, as we now have an appliance for our proof-of-concept test.
– retired 2 machines that were not in use, and exist in our older data center. I am always paranoid when I shut a machine down, triple-checking that I am on the right server when I type “shutdown now”.
– did a test migration of the production database for Mozilla QA, from the old data center to the new one.
– added new custom fields to Bugzilla for the release of Thunderbird 10.
There is much much more to come in the weeks ahead!