In this episode we tackle what a hash looks like in terms of a data structure, in preparation for next episode’s discussion on the difference between hashes and btree indexes, and what kind of indexes are good for what kind of optimizations.
Direct play this episode at:
Download all podcasts at:
Subscribe to the podcast at:
MySQL Connector/NET 5.1.1 released:
Download the new Connector/NET version:
MySQL 5.0.x security vulnerability:
Solution: upgrade to 5.0.40. This bug is not known to affect major versions 3 or 4.
The dates for the all the sessions:
* 27th March: Part 1 – High Availability and Scalability Architectures
* 19th April: Part 2 – Advanced Scalability Solutions
* 2nd May: Part 3 – MySQL Enterprise To Control Mission Critical Online Services
* 23rd May: Part 4 – 99.999% High Availability solutions
* 13th June: Part 5 – MySQL Enterprise performance and benchmarking
* 27th June: Part 6 – Advanced HA solutions
Find all the material and documentation for past webinars at:
Feature: Hash tables explained.
http://www.cs.sunysb.edu/~algorith/lectures-good/node7.html (search for “Hash Tables” on the page)
call the comment line at +1 617-674-2369
use Odeo to leave a voice mail through your computer:
Or use the Technocation forums: